The Frances McGlannan Foundation provides tuition assistance to elementary and middle school students diagnosed with dyslexia and/or related language learning difficulties based on financial need. To qualify for tuition assistance, the school your child(ren) will attend must be accredited and structured specifically for dyslexia and/or related language based learning differences as determined by IRS code IRC 170(b)(1)(A)(ii).
Smart Aid has been contracted by the Foundation to collect an applicant’s financial information and analyze the financial need. The Foundation’s Scholarship Committee awards tuition assistance based on Smart Aid’s recommendation and availability of funds.
Please access Smart Aid’s application by clicking on the icon below. In the Application’s Section C. (Select A School) please enter the Foundation’s five-digit code (14042) in the school code box and then check the box by the Foundation’s name. Proceed to selecting the upcoming grade, expected tuition and the remainder of the application.
Applicant’s 2017 and 2016 Federal Income Tax Returns and supporting schedules and a copy of the School’s Acceptance Letter must be uploaded to Smart Aid. Please provide the amount of additional tuition support from all other grant or scholarship funds. (e.g. McKay or a school sponsored scholarship). For further required supporting documentation from the applicant’s school, please contact the Frances McGlannan Foundation directly via email at email@example.com for instructions. Applications submitted without these documents will not be considered.
Smart Aid assesses a $35 fee to process the application. Please see Online Instructions for additional information.Deadline to submit application: First week of August, 2018 or such time when the funds allocated for the 2018-2019 school year have been exhausted.
Frances McGlannan Foundation ID: 14042
Please access the SmartAid website
by clicking on the icon below.
School ID: 14042
School Name: Frances McGlannan Foundation
Eligible Grades: 1st Grade - 8th Grade
Smart Aid Application Fee: $35
Required Supporting Documentation
Applications submitted without documentation will not be processed.
- Copy of School Acceptance Letter
- For further required supporting documentation from the applicant’s school, please contact the Frances McGlannan Foundation directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
- The amount of additional tuition support from all other grant or scholarship funds. (e.g. McKay or a school sponsored scholarship.)
- Most recent paystubs
- W-2 forms for all jobs.
- Both 2016 & 2017 filed tax return: 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ with all schedules.
- Both 2016 & 2017 filed business tax return: 1120, 1120S, 1065 (if applicable).
- Supplemental income documentation: Social Security income, Welfare, Food Stamps, Child Support, 1099-M Forms, Worker’s Compensation, Unemployment, Veterans Benefits, Housing Allowance, etc.
- If you are unable to provide any of the aforementioned items, please select Document Cannot Be Provided during documentation upload and submit a Special Circumstance Letter indicating which document(s) you are unable to provide and why. This information will be shared with your school for consideration.
Creating Your Account
Please visit SmartAid and create your account by entering your primary email address as your username. Smart Aid will use this email address to contact you in the event that your application is “on hold” for missing documentation. Once you create your username and password, you will receive a verification email. Once you click the verification link to verify that you are the account holder, you will be able to log in using the username and password you created. Please be advised that if you do not click the verification link that is sent to your email address, you will not be able to log in or reset your password.
Documentation should be submitted at the time the application is completed. Application IDs must be included on all documents. Failure to include your ID will delay processing of your application. Please be advised that each document must be uploaded separately under the appropriate document type in order for your application to automatically move into the review status. Check off the Document Cannot be Provided box if you are unable to provide a document. Doing so will enable your application to continue on with the review process. Email follow up will be made if missing documents are flagged as required.Direct Upload: SmartAid (login with your username and password)
If you created a Smart Aid account to apply for financial aid in a prior year, your application will roll over into the next school year. Your username and password will remain the same, as well as your application ID number (with the exception of the first two digits as that indicate the school year). The Parent/Guardian and Dependents section of the application will be auto-filled for you, you will simply need to confirm the information before advancing to the next sections of the application. If any information from the Parent/Guardian and Dependent section should be updated, please make the necessary changes.
Smart Aid Contact Information
- Phone Support: (800)-360-8027
- Email Support: email@example.com
Notification of Financial Aid
Once your application is processed, a financial aid recommendation will be forwarded to Frances McGlannan Foundation. All final financial aid decisions, including notification of an award amount (if any) will be made by Frances McGlannan Foundation. If you have not received notification regarding financial aid, contact the financial administrator at Frances McGlannan Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frances McGlannan Foundation 2018 – 2019 Online Instructions
- 1. Online Application Visit: Smartaidforparents.com
- 2. Section 1 – Household Information Parent/Guardian: Enter the parent or guardian’s contact information. Dependent: Enter all dependents that live in the household. For dependents in college, select the “attending another private school” status option.
- 3. Section 2 – Selecting A School Enter Frances McGlannan Foundation’s five-digit code (14042) or name in the school code box. Make your selection by checking the select check box. Once the Foundation is selected, you will then need to select the student(s) you wish to apply for aid. After the school(s) have been selected, you will then need to select the upcoming grade for the student, student code (if applicable), and expected tuition (if applicable) for the upcoming year. Clicking “next” after each section will allow you to move on to each subsequent section.
- 4. Section 3 – Income & Expenses Enter any income the household receives; employment, business or supplemental. If the work status is selected as ‘employed’, ‘self-employed’, ‘unemployed, receiving benefits’, or ‘disabled, receiving benefits,’ you will be required to enter this income source in the appropriate section before moving through the application. Please enter all expenses as they pertain to your household.
- 5. Section 4 – Assets & Debts Enter all assets and debts as they pertain to your household.
- 6. Section 5 – Special Circumstances Check off any special circumstance that pertains to your household. If no option available best describes your household’s circumstance, please check ‘other’ and describe your situation. This information is confidential and will only be available to designated School Administration and Smart Aid staff.
- 7. Section 6 – Submit
- If your school uses family school codes, please make the appropriate selection. Agree to Smart Aid’s terms and conditions, then click SUBMIT to complete your online application. Please be sure to enter all fields with accuracy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who should complete this aid application?A: Whomever the child resides with should complete this application whether it is a parent, grandparent, aunt/uncle, or legal guardian. There is a section within the application where you can enter contributions from non-custodial parents and relatives.
Q: Why do I need to input my spouse’s information if I am remarried and they are not legally responsible for my children?
A: Smart Aid’s calculation works off of the total household income, therefore including all income, whether the party is legally responsible for your children or not. Our system however, does take into effect your spouse’s expenses as well as their income. It is important to list all expenses that are asked of within the application.
Q: I do not have the required tax documents. HELP!
A: Include the most recent tax documentation you have available. If you are asked for a specific line from a tax document that you have not yet completed, please estimate the projected amount.
Q: How will I know if I qualify for aid or not?
A: We do not disclose information about the results of your application. All final tuition aid decisions, including notification of an award amount (if any); will be made by your school. For the date award notices will be given, please contact your school directly.
Q: What if I want to edit my application?
A: Once an application has been submitted and paid for it can no longer be edited by a parent. However, if changes are necessary a written statement with the change (including the application ID), should be sent to email@example.com.